Major part of meals should comprise of fresh vegetable. Best in the form of raw salads, sauted, or steamed.
|Vegetable Wrap, a great meal on the go, for office and school lunches. I use a whole wheat chapatti add freshly cut vegetable any available and optional few chunks of cottage cheese and olives..|
The Mediterranean diet emphasizes:
- Regular exercise, and or physical activities like sports
- Major part of daily meals should be plant-based foods, such as fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes (lentils and beans) and nuts
- Replacing butter with healthy fats such as olive oil, sunflower and canola oil
- Using herbs, lemon juice and spices instead of salt to flavor foods
- Restricting the red meat to a few times a month
- Eating fish and poultry at least twice a week
- Drinking plenty of water
- The diet also emphasizes on enjoying meals with family and friends.
Seafood and Poultry twice a week
Here are a very authentic and trusted set of recipes Mediterranean Cooking. This is my reference for experimenting with Mediterranean Cooking.