Attack on the teenage girl student by the fiercest group of the Taliban in Mingora, Swat is the beginning of the clash between the dying medieval rotten social order and the present emerging progressive system of scientific modern education and new social values that the younger generation is dreaming to adhere for the sake of their future. The old system that the Muslim scholars and nobility evolved during the medieval ages is now being rotten and stinking to such an extent that every one is lamenting the fact; the Umma is about to breathe its last within a decade or so if necessary steps are not taken.
Intense Moral & Mental Degeneration:
This change of mind has not been formulated within a decade or so among the Muslim youths of this region, but they have been living in intense stress of moral and mental deterioration for the last three centuries. The Islamic society was being polluted with the fabricated thoughts of religious teachings that ultimately, enchained their minds. It was the worst period of their history when the royalty and the clerics together imposed their authorities in the name of Islam that put them in the trauma of slavery for centuries, They could neither think nor act on their own. But they were dragged into fantasies of bygone days of autocratic orders that had controlled their minds.
Was it a revenge against the blasphemous film? :
Some very interesting activities are being noticed these days in Pakistan at different levels among the political and religious groups. Rather than giving respect to the wishes of people for a drastic change in the society, the political and religious parties, NGOs and media men, with their vested interests, are after their supporters and viewers, tempting to provide them with twisted stories of their fallacies of heavenly thoughts.Such sort of activities on the part of political parties and some from among media have badly polluted the present atmosphere in Pakistan. The most pathetic episode is the emergence of sympathizers of the terrorist groups who are fueling fundamentalism through their continuous twisting of the Mingora incident as a revenge against the notorious documentary film which was released in USA, Drone attacks in Waziristan by the Americans and the imprisonment of Dr. Aafia.
Malala episode- a shock? Why?
What is the Malala episode that shook the entire nation? Actually, the Pakistanis are deprived of basic amenities of life. Their life, bread and honor are at the mercy of the governing elites, who have paralyzed the entire nation by following that system of governance the colonial powers introduced in its colonies to rule over the occupied people with different cultures and races. The Pakistani rulers also adopted the same educational system as chalked out by Macaulay in about 1835. If the present social structure of the Pakistani society is scrutinized then one interesting transformation comes to light that the society overall made its appearance geographically linked to their nature of works and jobs.
Ingredients for our downfall:
1) Rulers i.e. Bureaucrats, Generals and Big Bosses of the companies/banks are usually chosen from the elite-class of the Feudal Lords. Costly schools and colleges with standard educational systems are running at different selected places with different curricula of the Western prestigious institutions. Punjab is prominently placed in this field.
2) Babus and subordinate staff for offices are produced in large scale in Sind and Northern Punjab. Clerks are produced in thousands every year to fill up the vacancies . They are considered the middle class of the society. Each one from this class aspires to jump in to the elite class by implying all sorts of ‘hook or crook’ tactics.
3) Thanks to the KPK that the elites of the country kept the population of this province ” reserved” to provide the whole labour force for their service. 80 percent of the total schools have already been blasted to dusts in Pakhtoonkhaw Province. This province is also reserved for ‘Suicide Bombers’ Force.
4) The elites of the country have reserved Baluchistan for hunting grounds where all kinds of nuclear tests are carried out. According to our rulers, Baluchistan does not need schools. They like to be ” BEKAR ” ( Unemployed ). In most of the school buildings in Baluchistan, goats, camels, horses and other pet animals are kept to breed for future utilization.
5) There exists ‘ Quata System’ in Pakistan that the constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan says. But the Sindhis, Baluchis and Pashtoons are hardly encouraged in the Armed Forces, Navy or Air force. Their presence in the sensitive departments is negligible. Once upon a time the Bengalis, who comprised 51 percent of the total population of Pakistan were deprived of their share. They finally gave up Pakistan 40 years back.
6 ) Girl’s Education : The condition of Girls’ or Women’s Education is pathetic in Pakistan. It is just like the philosophy of terrorism that has penetrated with the label of religion in to the mind of each Pakistani, similarly, a medieval philosophy against women education was infested in the patriarchal society of the Muslims of this region. It was done in the name of Islam and tribal traditions.
Slavery-a hallmark of the Muslim empire
Since these thoughts were nurtured in the Central Asian Regions from Azerbaijan to the western borders of China, before Islam in the Zoroastrian and Buddhist schools of Balkh and Bokhara, they even remained active when these schools were controlled by the great Muslim scholars. They continued their studies and research in those schools, but with different curricula and objectives. Since the institution of slavery could not be eradicated by the Muslim rulers of that period, the Muslim scholars granted license to the royalty to treat womenfolk on the same pattern the regional custom/tradition allowed men to purchase slave girls from the auction houses. Women were being sold like goats and cows in the open markets. It is surprising that in Bokhara markets, girl slave was available in lesser price than a goat. Thus the Muslim women were denied their basic human rights throughout Islamic history.
No education for girls: A primitive ideology
It was, perhaps the most heinous crime in any society to keep it’s women folk illiterate by applying force and destroying their schools in pretext of implementing their own coined ‘Sharia’ which has no religious sanction at all. These Taliban started issuing such belied and ridiculous orders in Swat in the name of Islam that converted the picturesque valley into a burning hell. Denial of education to women folk, besides lashing and beating them on streets in public, at least, awakened the conscience of some courageous teen age girls who decided to resist all these atrocities of ferocious and cruel Taliban.
Malala- an emblem of change
It was Malala, a girl of only 11 years old, voiced against the orders of the Punjabi Taliban in Swat to close all the Girl Schools for ever. She was perturbed to know that the girls of Swat would be deprived of going to schools. But she was determined to attend her classes in any case. For the next two years, she raised her voice through her diary, appealing the world to save her from the injustices done to the girls and children. It was the real Jihad she launched against the oppressors.Her message reached from one corner to the other. Her voice became more powerful even that of Anne Frank whose diary created a ripple in Western Europe. Finally, the Taliban chalked out a plan to eliminate her for ever. There were the most fearful Taliban commandos on one side while a 14 years old girl of grade 9 was standing alone like a rock on the other end.
Malala has united the nation once again
Attack on Malala stirred the whole nation. It was the first time that the divided nation stood firmly and looked united against the atrocities inflicted upon them for centuries. Malala is, in fact, the symbol of unity and liberty. The nation has just seen in her a ray of hope. People are looking for a Messiah who can relieve them from the clutches of the oppressors. But the reactionary forces are also active to grab the opportunity. They have started their old tactics, making hotchpotch of all the events taking place in Pakistan through their propaganda machinery in order to undermine the sense of unity among people. They also like to keep people in the state of confusion and constant stress of insecurity. It provides them opportunity to interfere in poor men’s life with high but false promises of security and prosperity. Malala has put the wheel rolling and it will keep rolling, slowly but steadily, people hope so.