Cholesterol is Not Bad! What we guys don’t know or may be tend to ignore that it does play a vital role in health problems while low cholesterol diet helps in resolving these issues. What is bad is in fact not the cholesterol but the Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) is the bad cholesterol while High Density Lipoprotein (HDL), a good one. Hydrogenated fat, Trans fat and saturated fat is harmful as it increases the cholesterol level in blood.
Low cholesterol diet should include unsaturated fats that are in liquid form at room temperature. People may find these fats in plants such as peanut, olive, and canola oils. These unsaturated fats are helpful in lowering the cholesterol level in blood. The saturated fats, such as, milk products, animal fat, cotton seed, olive, and canola oils cause cholesterol levels to rise in the blood and the body gets LDL problems.
Probiotic fibrous foods may be helpful in lowering cholesterol in blood and non-fat yogurt may be the solution to this problem. Healthful foods provide the human body with the things that are necessary for lowering LDL while increasing HDL levels in the human blood. A person may include the following foods into his diet for lowering the LDL to a considerable level.
1. Oats servings at breakfast for at least 6 weeks decrease LDL level by 5% or so. The underlying reason being the presence of a substance beta-glucan, which is a cholesterol buster.
2. Salmon and sardines may be a choice of yours to get LDL at lower levels. Fish contains Omega-3 fatty acids and these prove a boon for the human body in decreasing cholesterol levels.
3. Red wine, made from Tempranillo red grapes, is highly fibrous and lowers LDL level in the human body.
4. Beef and meat, if used, must be accompanied by regular exercises and intense workouts.
5. Cracking nuts and eating them up should be more than a fun. One may use low cholesterol diet to lessen bad cholesterol (LDL) in one’s body.